Small Business Saturday
November 28, 2020
Did you know ...
- More than half of Americans are employed by small businesses
- Small businesses have created 2 out of every 3 new jobs in the US since 2014
- Small businesses increase our local tax base
- Small businesses help support preservation of historic buildings
- Small businesses support local makers and artisans
- Small businesses have a big impact on our local economy and quality of life
Saturday, November 28 is Small Business Saturday, and your local small businesses and locally owned businesses need your support now more than ever.
When you support a locally owned business, whether it’s a retail shop, restaurant, or professional service, you are directly supporting your own community. These businesses are owned by your neighbors - the people who have personally made financial investments in seeing our community succeed. They are entrepreneurs who know how important it is to have direct contact with their customers. They choose the merchandise, maintain the buildings, and pay the taxes. They are in business here because they believe in us, so let’s return the favor.
Make a plan to support local businesses today - whether it's through shopping a store, shopping the store's website, purchasing a gift certificate, liking and sharing social media pages and posts, or recommending local businesses to friends and family. It's never a bad day to shop - but today is a great day to shop small, shop local in Greater Burlington!