COMMUNITY EVENT FUNDING
Applications for 2020 Community Event Funding are due September 30, 2019.
The Greater Burlington CVB will accept applications from community tourism events to award grant dollars to assist the events in attracting visitors to Greater Burlington. These dollars have been set aside as a portion of the CVB budget acquired through the collections of Hotel/Motel tax dollars.
- Must be a community event that attracts tourists from outside a 50-mile radius.
- The event must take place and the funds must be spent during January 1 – December 31, 2020.
- The Greater Burlington CVB will serve as the grantee. All awarded events must designate a date for when funds need to be received.
- All awarded events will be required to complete a post-event performance report for the CVB.
The Community Event Funds are intended to assist the events with marketing and promotions. Examples of eligible expenses include:
- Event Marketing – ad placement, ad design, printing costs, mailing expenses, etc.
- Venue rental
- Speaker/performer fees
Download the FY20 Application Here.
GREATER BURLINGTON SPORTS GRANT
Applications and all supporting documents are due by 5 PM Friday, May 17, 2019
The Greater Burlington Sports Commission will partner with local organizations, which coordinate sporting events, to submit an application for an Iowa Economic Development Authority grant. If awarded, the grant would provide $50,000 of state funds to the sporting events included on the application, while an additional $25,000 would be matched through a contribution from each selected grant partner.
- Must be a sporting event that attracts tourists from outside an 80-mile radius.
- Sporting events must be non-professional events, such as youth sports, high school athletic activities, the Special Olympics, etc.
- Funds must be spent during July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Each selected partner will be required to contribute to a portion of the $25,000 cash match. The amount of each partner’s contribution is 50% of the amount awarded.
- All event expenses must have receipts and documentation in order to be reimbursed.
Only expenses falling under the following categories may be eligible to receive reimbursement funding from the Regional Sports Authority District grant. Examples of eligible expenses include:
- Event Marketing
- Direct Mail Campaign Expenses
- Printed Materials
- Bid fees, rights fees, or guarantee money for events or tournaments
- Equipment or venue rental
- Fees and cost for officials
Download the FY20 Application here.
Contact the Greater Burlington Convention & Visitors Bureau to learn more about these programs and how we can assist in making your event a success:
Convention & Visitors Bureau
610 N 4th Street, Suite 200
Burlington, IA 52601