Benefits & Services
Promote Your Business
- Automatically list your business in the online member directory at www.greaterburlington.com.
- Take advantage of free listings in The Partnership, our monthly newsletter.
- Highlight your upcoming events and promotions in our weekly marketing e-news, Friday Facts.
- Invite the Chamber Ambassadors to your business during your Ribbon Cutting or Ground Breaking celebration.
- Take part in our annual marketing opportunities campaign by sponsoring community events.
- Receive a business listing in the Community Guide, which is distributed to visitors, through relocation requests and locally at area hotels, restaurants and service professionals.
Networking and Professional Development
- Learn about an area business by attending Business After Hours
- Holiday Business Showcase is an After Hours event where 15 - 20 businesses set up a booth and guests are invited to network, while learning about the sponsors.
- Join a committee and work on one of several key issues of the business community including economic development, government affairs, transportation, tourism, future workforce, membership development and downtown development.
- Enroll in Greater Burlington Leadership, an intensive professional development series designed to strengthen leadership skills by empowering and educating people who live, work or have interest in Greater Burlington.
- Enjoy a day of golfing fun at the Annual Golf Classic, networking with local and regional chamber members, vendors and customers.
- Annual Dinner and Fundraiser is the premier event of the year and includes a fun filled night with dinner, award presentations, a raffle and silent auction.
- Small Business Appreciation Breakfast supports the small businesses, with fewer than 100 employees that make up over 90% of the membership in the Chamber of Commerce. Each year in May, small businesses are recognized at the breakfast.
- Manufacturers Appreciation Luncheon supports the manufacturers who employ thousands of workers and helps stimulate our local economy. The Luncheon, held each October, focuses on those companies and the successes they have throughout the year.
- Southeast Iowa Days in Des Moines allows us to visit with key legislators and state officials on platforms relevant to Southeast Iowa.
- Washington D.C. Summit allows us to take our issues to the Congressman, Senators, and Federal Officials representing the Region.
- Eggs 'N Issues is a Saturday morning forum where local business persons can visit with state legislators.
- Highway 34 Coalition supports the completion of US 34 as a four-lane expressway, providing a safe and reliable transportation corridor connecting the region to the global economy. Our long-term goal is to improve and expand the current highway into a four-lane expressway between Kewanee, IL and Ottumwa, IA. Our current focus is expanding the 23.6 miles of two-lane highway between Monmouth, IL and the Carman Road.
- Highway 61 Coalition supports the completion of US 61 as a four-lane expressway, providing a safe and reliable transportation corridor connecting the region to the global economy.
- Business Referrals via phone calls, mailings and website listings.
- Tax Deductibility Membership investments in the Chamber of Commerce may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
- Community Calendar of Events features member and nonmember events that are held throughout Des Moines County.
- Community and Visitor Information is distributed to residents and thousands of visitors throughout the country through the use of the Community Guide, www.greaterburlington.com and phone referrals. Members are referred through these items as a benefit of membership.
- Notary Public is available to members as a service of your membership investment.
- Relocation Services are provided to potential and new residents. Information features member listings.
- Meeting Room Availability as a benefit, members can use the Conference Rooms at the Chamber of Commerce for meetings.
- A variety of community facts and figures are maintained by the Chamber of Commerce. Items such as Demographics, Community Quick References, Cost of Living figures, Manufacturer’s Listings, Major Employers Listings, Service Guide Directory and a Worship Directory are featured.
- Certificates of Origin are required by businesses that are shipping certain commodities to specific destinations around the world. The purpose of the CO is to authenticate the merchandises country of origin. This form requires the authorized signature of the local Chamber of Commerce and the seal. This service is only available to members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Greater Burlington Partnership Resources
- The Chamber of Commerce is very fortunate to be a part of the Greater Burlington Partnership. The Partnership offers a number of resources members can use when the need arises.
- A growing regional center of commerce, industry, education, health care, entertainment and culture that provides a great place to live and work.
- The Chamber of Commerce is a business association that exists to serve as a catalyst for economic growth and community development in Greater Burlington, Iowa.
- Economic Development exists to add and retain jobs and grow the tax base of Des Moines County.
- Convention & Visitors Bureau is dedicated to marketing and promoting the Greater Burlington community as a premier destination to both leisure and business travelers.
- Downtown Partners, Inc. is an independent non-profit organization of public and private partnerships existing to serve the needs and interests of the Downtown and the community at large. The Downtown Partners' mission is to preserve and revitalize downtown Burlington. The goals of Downtown Partners are to enhance the economy, infrastructure, and historical and cultural features for the City of Burlington.
- The Port of Burlington Welcome Center is the first stop on the Mississippi River for travelers to gather visitor or community information for Greater Burlington and Iowa.