Seeking New Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director
Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director
The Greater Burlington Partnership is seeking an outgoing individual to aggressively promote Greater Burlington as a premier Midwest convention and tourism location. Must possess outstanding presentation and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and organized. Duties will include marketing, sales, customer service, volunteer management, and developing relationships with tourism and convention businesses on a local, regional and national level. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, strong PC skills including Office Suite and web-based products are required. Previous successful experience in convention and tourism promotion preferred.
To aggressively promote Greater Burlington as a premier Midwest convention and tourism location.
- Develop in conjunction with the CVB Steering Committee an annual plan with measurable outcomes for convention and tourism in Greater Burlington.
- Develop and implement specific plans to promote Greater Burlington as a convention location for regional, state, and national conventions, including business conferences, recreational events, and association meetings and conferences.
- Develop and implement plans and materials to market the Greater Burlington area as a visitor attraction; to work in conjunction with other regional and state tourism efforts; and to work in conjunction with and publicize the events and attractions that exist.
- Develop and utilize materials, presentations, and other approaches designed to create increased tourism and convention business in Greater Burlington.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget for CVB activities.
- Direct staff and volunteers to accomplish the mission and objectives of the CVB and the Welcome Center.
- Promote Greater Burlington opportunities and achievements to internal and external markets.
- Develop an annual report of CVB activity and accomplishments.
- Actively seek grants to supplement regular CVB funding in order to extend the effectiveness of the organization’s efforts.
- Form strong partnerships with businesses and organizations in the Greater Burlington area that are involved in convention and tourism activities. This may include committee participation.
- Desire to succeed and meet or exceed planned expectations
- Outstanding presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to sell ideas and community attributes
- Effective team member
- Ability to create innovative solutions
- Skilled in computer and website use
- Marketing and/or Convention and Tourism training/experience
- Ability to collect ideas and develop action plans
- Willingness to be active and visible in the community
- Ability to interact with and manage volunteers
- Members and Investors
- Community leaders
- Regional partners
- State personnel
- Position will be full-time and salaried
- Extensive travel will be required
- Work hours will not always be regular.
- Must be willing to participate in professional development activities.
- Person must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Position functions primarily performed at the Greater Burlington Partnership offices; remote work option available as needed
Exempt Full Time
President and CEO
Email a cover letter, resume, and references to Della Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org