• Economic Development 2021 Goals
- Continue implementing elements of the Transforming the Talent Pipeline strategy.
- Realize meaningful Pre-Apprenticeships with High School students into our manufacturing and construction businesses.
- See at least 10 High School students participate in Signing Day events for local employment via local education.
- Accomplish the sale, transfer and reactivation of the 42,000 sq. ft. Raider facility.
- Secure RISE funds to see new public road installed in West Burlington Industrial Park.
- Work with regional partners to secure attraction projects with a goal of at least 50+ created jobs, and capital investment of $300M.
- Seek BNSF Certified Site status and re-use of former Burlington Northern Shops facilities.
- Obtain legislative approval to make permanent the 50 -year lease option at the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant through the ARMS Program.