Iowa Chamber Alliance Announces 2018 Legislative Priorities
Meaningful tax reform and continued support for economic development programs essential for growth
BURLINGTON, IOWA—The Iowa Chamber Alliance highlighted the importance of economic development incentives and programs and the role they play to best achieve tax reform during their annual news conference yesterday. The Alliance also outlined other policy proposals aimed at near and long-term economic growth for Iowa including:
- Smart and comprehensive investment in developing and retaining world-class talent and workforce through broad support of the Future Ready Iowa Initiative.
- Support for high-quality K-12 education which prepares graduates with career ready skills or post-secondary education.
- Strong fiscal prudence and spending restraint across all levels of government.
- Long-term infrastructure planning and mindful allocation of resources to fund these critical, capital-intensive projects.
- Predictable and responsive regulatory environment.
“The 2018 legislative session will allow the Iowa Chamber Alliance the distinct opportunity to improve Iowa’s economic landscape,” said Chris McGowan, 2018 ICA Chair and President of the Siouxland Chamber of Commerce. “This year the Alliance will focus its efforts on improving Iowa’s overly complex and burdensome tax structure while advocating for the economic development tools we utilize to encourage capital investment, create quality jobs and wages, and enhance our quality of life.”
The Greater Burlington Partnership, a member of the Iowa Chamber Alliance, exists to ensure Greater Burlington is a growing regional center of commerce, industry, education, health care, entertainment and culture which provides a great place to live and work.
For More Information:
319-217-8136 or 319-208-0048