Data & Demographics
Located in Southeast Iowa, Greater Burlington is bigger than you think. Within a 60 minute drive you'll find more than 258,000 people and a total regional laborforce of over 262,000 from which you can draw your skilled workforce.
Get to know us by the numbers:
- Greater Burlington Census Highlights
- Greater Burlington Laborshed Highlights
- Retail Market Potential
- Data & Demographics Tool
Greater Burlington covers Des Moines County, Iowa. The following are figures from the 2010 Census.
|2010 Census Population||40,340|
|Number of Households||17,007|
|Gender Ratio (M/F)||48.9% / 51.1%|
|Media Household Income||$43,111|
|% of Population High School Graduate*||90.4%|
|% of Population Bachelor Degree or higher*||18.3%|
Education & Training
- 73% have training beyond high school
- 3% are trade certified
- 2% completed vocational training
- 16.1% have an associated degree
- 23% have an undergraduate degree
- 9.5% have a postgraduate/professional degree
Quick Facts About Employed Workers
- 15.9% work multiple jobs
- Average work week is 42 hours
- Average age is 49
- 16.1% employed in manufacturing sector (up from 13% in 2009)
- Education, Manufacturing and Health Care represent the three largest industrial classifications
Willingness to Change/Accept Employment
- 22,297 workers are willing to change or accept employment
- Those currently employed are willing to commute on average 28 miles one way for employment
- To attract the upper 66% to 75% of employed, qualified hourly applicants ranges from $12.92 - $14.00 (Finance/Insurance Industry) to $18.45 to $20.00 (Manufacturing Industry)
- Those unemployed are willing to commute on average 22 miles one way for employment
- The estimated wage to attract upper 66% to 75% qualified hourly applicants that are currently unemployed is $10.64 to $15.38
Greater Burlington is a growing regional hub with retail market potential that has yet to be tapped. Get more data on our retail opportunities.
Take a deeper look at our data and demographics using the interactive tool below. This tool is your one-stop shop for everything from our population growth to our GDP over time. It evens compares Greater Burlington to state and national trends. Should you have a need for additional data, please do not hestiate to contact David Toyer.
The Economic Dashboard is a product of Brand Acceleration.