Goals & Accomplishments
Click the headings below to learn more about the Greater Burlington Partnership's Goals and Accomplishments.
- Work with the private sector to spur 750 new primary jobs
- Assess and assemble an action plan for a future industrial park
- Realize $125 million in private capital investment
- Conduct 90 existing business visits per year
- Increase tourism expenditures from $500 million to $650 million
- Increase the county population to 42,000 by 2020
- Enhance leadership capacity through the Young Professionals and Greater Burlington Leadership programs
- Continue aggressive property redevelopment efforts in Downtown Burlington and across the community
- Publish an annual State of the Economy report card in conjunction with the annual report
- Form a task force to research and evaluate dues structures from across the industry and make a recommendation on future revenue models.
- Strengthen the communications plan to external audiences by increasing the number of press releases, guest editorials, and radio interviews conducted on key issues.
- Lend support to both the Community Foundation of Des Moines County and the Imagine Campaign to bolster the outcomes of both entities.
- Through the Government Relations committee, develop a structured grassroots network used for key legislative issues and publish a legislative scorecard online and in The Partnership.
- Evaluate the opportunity to establish formal marketing partnerships with neighboring economic development groups.
- Partner with the Armament Retooling & Manufacturing Support (ARMS) Program and the Iowa Economic Development Authority to jointly market the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant (IAAAP) certified industrial site.
- Transform our workforce development programming into a talent attraction and recruitment strategy.
- Identify and invest in strategic acquisitions (buildings and land) that will be controlled and marketed by the Partnership.
- Formalize strategic partnerships with builders and land developers to increase the speculative industrial development opportunities within the community.
- Following completion of the Countywide Housing Needs Assessment, implement strategies to encourage the development of new workforce housing.
- Implement a voluntary hotel Destination Fee to assist with the operation of the Indoor Sports Complex and the recruitment of tournaments to the area.
- Establish funding sources for Wayfinding signage implementation.
- Restructure the sports commission to better coordinate major tournaments and grow participation.
- Enhance the FY17 sports grant application by including more events and boosting the economic impact of those events.
- Evaluate and implement strategies focused on the visitor experience.
- Push for implementation of the strategies outlined in the parking study.
- Add capacity in event planning to maximize event participation and fully capitalize on the opportunities of the Farmers Market on Jefferson Street.
- Evaluate the brand promise of Downtown Burlington and consider the necessary components to a potential Snake Alley District theme.
- See implementation of Phase 1 of the Lightscape Project (towers and steeples) completed.
- Evaluate and act on possible building acquisition through the capital projects budget.
Download: Greater Burlington Partnership Goals for 2014 - 2018
Download: 2016 Year in Review
Download: 2015 Year in Review